Crispy Baked Tortilla Chips
- 10 (5- to 6-inch) Corn or flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup Vegetable or canola oil
- Kosher or sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place half of the tortillas in a single layer on a cutting board.
- Brush them with a little of the oil.
- Stack the tortillas and cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange the wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with a little salt, Repeat with the remaining tortillas and arrange on a second baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Rotate the baking sheet and bake until the chips are light golden brown and crisp, about 7 to 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven.
I use a pizza cutter to cut the tortillas into wedges. These are much healthier than the fried tortilla chips. They are great served warm with my 8 Layer Mexican Dip, Great Guacamole, my Pico De Gallo, or Queso Blanco cheese dip! Perfect for my Ultimate Nachos too! cooled. If you slice them into thin strips instead of wedges they add a fun crunch on top of salads, soups and stews! I love them on top of my Way Too Easy White Chicken Chili, Southwest Chicken Stew, Taco Soup, and Southwest Turkey Soup. You can use other seasonings besides salt like chili powder and cumin. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.