Root Beer Float Cupcakes
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups root beer
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 24 root beer barrel candies
- 8 straws - cut in thirds
- 4 packets (1.3 ounces each) Dream Whip whipped topping
- 2 cups chilled root beer
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Fill cups about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake cupcakes in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Use a piping bag to frost cupcakes.
- Top each cupcake with a straw and a piece of candy.
- Makes 24 cupcakes. You can make up to 24 hours ahead.
- Keep frosted cupcakes in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Don’t add candy and straws until right before serving.
- In another bowl, beat frosting ingredients until stiff peaks form.
If you are using a piping bag to frost cupcakes I suggest you double the frosting recipe to 8 packets dry whipped topping and 4 cups cold root beer.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.