Cheesy Potato and Bacon Packets
- 4 to 5 large potatoes - sliced thin
- 1 onion - sliced thin
- 4 tbsp butter - melted
- 2 to 3 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
- A few sheets of heavy-duty foil
- Cooking spray
- Toss the potatoes and onions together with butter, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Divide the sliced potatoes and onions equally between a few large pieces of heavy-duty foil that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cheddar then Parmesan cheese over the top on potatoes.
- Then top with bacon.
- Bring opposite ends of the foil together and seal to form a packet.
- Place on grill over medium heat for about 25 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove from grill, carefully open the packets.
- You can also bake foil packets on a large baking sheet in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 40 minutes.
These are a great, easy side that everyone loves! Perfect with steaks, burgers, and my Sweet Chili Beef Roast too!
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 1364mg | Potassium: 754mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 449IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 340mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.