- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 stick butter
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced - optional
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped scallions or Italian parsley - optional
- In a sauce pan carefully heat the cream over medium heat.
- Don’t boil it! Add the butter and garlic.
- When the butter is melted, turn down heat and whisk in cheese.
- Add black pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta with scallions or parsley on top.
If sauce gets a too thick you can add a bit of milk to thin it out. You can also add fresh hot cooked veggies like broccoli or cooked chicken or shrimp. Delicious with a bit of extra Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top too!
Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1987IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 305mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.