German Dinner in the Slow Cooker
- 2 rings smoked sausage - sliced into 3 inch pieces
- 2 pounds sauerkraut
- 8 to 12 red potatoes - washed and halved or quartered depending on the size
- 1 onion sliced
- 6 strips bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 2 apples - cored and sliced
- 2 bottles (12 ounces) beer
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds - optional
- Place potatoes in slow cooker.
- Next add onion, apples, kraut, and bacon.
- Place sausage on top.
- Pour in beer, brown sugar and caraway seeds.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 902mg | Potassium: 1283mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 69IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.