Strawberry Refrigerator Cake
- 1 box (15 ounces) Strawberry Cake Mix, prepared according to pkg, directions
- 1 container (10 ounces) frozen strawberries in syrup - thawed a bit
- 1 1/2 cups of cold milk
- 1 box (3.5 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 container (12 ounces) Cool Whip - thawed
- 1 pint strawberries with tops removed and strawberries cut in half
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans - optional
- Make the boxed cake mix according to the directions on the back.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 9 x13 inch pan and bake according to the box directions.
- When it is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Once it is cool, use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke rows of holes in the cake.
- Put thawed strawberries with syrup into a food processor or blender.
- Purée a bit.
- Pour the strawberry purée mixture over the cake and spread it out evenly.
- Let it soak in.
- While you are letting the strawberry purée soak in, whisk together cold milk and the instant vanilla pudding mix in a bowl until it thickens.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread it evenly over the top of the cake.
- Place the fresh strawberry halves on top of the cake frosting.
- Sprinkle on the chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Cake must be refrigerated!