Lemon Roasted Asparagus
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs asparagus (medium stalks, not too thin)
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded or fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foilLine cleaned, trimmed asparagus on baking sheet.
- Whisk lemon juice, zest, olive oil, salt, pepper together.
- Brush asparagus with lemon mixture and sprinkle Parmesan on top of asparagus.
- Bake at 400 for 4 to 8 minutes until asparagus is JUST starting to get tender.
You can also grill asparagus. Leave Parmesan out of the lemon oil mixture. Toss asparagus with the lemon-oil mixture. Grill over medium heat. Then top with Parmesan cheese immediately AFTER removing asparagus from the grill.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 361mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1359IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.