Strawberry Spinach Salad With Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 cups fresh strawberries - sliced
- 1 big bag fresh spinach - 9 ounces
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 2 tbsp butter
- Add all ingredients to a jar
- Shake jar until throughly combined and refrigerate. Keeps in the fridge for one week.
- Place butter in a skillet.
- Toast pecans in butter for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Be careful! Do not burn the nuts! I always seem to burn the nuts! (HATE THAT!!) Let the nuts cool a bit.
- When ready to serve, toss spinach, strawberries, red onions and pecans together in a big bowl.
- Drizzle with some, not all, of the dressing. The extra dressing keeps in the fridge for about a week.
Calories: 718kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 74g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 38g | Monounsaturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 593mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.