Strawberry Spinach Salad
Strawberry Spinach Salad With Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh red onion - minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 cups fresh strawberries - sliced
- 1 big bag fresh spinach - 9 ounces
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 2 tbsp butter
- Add all ingredients to a jar
- Shake jar until throughly combined and refrigerate. Keeps in the fridge for one week.
- Place butter in a skillet.
- Toast pecans in butter for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Be careful! Do not burn the nuts! I always seem to burn the nuts! (HATE THAT!!) Let the nuts cool a bit.
- When ready to serve, toss spinach, strawberries, red onions and pecans together in a big bowl.
- Drizzle with some, not all, of the dressing. The extra dressing keeps in the fridge for about a week.
Calories: 718kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 74g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 38g | Monounsaturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 593mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
You could use Splenda in the dressing for less calories too.
@Julie…leave the oil out of the dressing and substitute rice vinegar for white wine vinegar. You can get by with less sugar with a milder vinegar. If the sugar is still an issue, use honey! Hope that helps.
Ran this through Weight Watchers build a recipe and it has 103 points for the entire amount! How many servings is it? And how many servings does the dressing make? Am going to try to modify it so I can eat it, right now I could have about 1/2 cup, and I know I would want more!
More low fat, low carb, high in protein and fiber recipes, please!
Amy, you were here in New London and I was at your cooking show. You shared this recipe and the Divine Chicken Divan and the Berry Tifle recipes. My son was going out of town on a business trip and I served these three to him on Friday night. Oh my gosh!! He said it was the best meal he had in a long time. He loved this salad and so did my husband. In fact they loved everything, I didn’t make the Berry Trifle but made the Chocolate Berry Trifle and it was a hit too. Thanks for coming to New London and sharing.