Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot - minced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (white or orange)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley - optional
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place vegetables in the baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan sauté shallots in butter.
- Once translucent add mustard and cream.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the cheese.
- Season with salt/pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Pour over finished vegetables.
- Serve warm with parsley on top if you like.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 555mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1459IU | Vitamin C: 106mg | Calcium: 288mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.