Shrimp & Sausage Boil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup (depends how much spice you like) Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 4 quarts water
- 2 bottles (12 ounces) beer
- 16 to 24 baby red potatoes - washed well (if they are bigger, cut in half)
- 16 small boiling onions
- 2 to 3 pounds smoked sausage - cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 8 to 10 ears corn on the cob - cut in half
- 4 pounds large shrimp - deveined and in or out of shells
- 2 to 3 pounds melted butter
- Seriously Good Cocktail Sauce - optional
- 3 to 4 lemons - cut in wedges
- In a really big stock pot, bring Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning, water and beer to a boil.
- Add potatoes and onions.
- Cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage and corn and continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp in shells and cook until shrimp turns pink, about 4 minutes.
- Drain all cooking liquid.
- Serve everything on a huge platter or even easier line a picnic table with a large plastic table cloth or butcher paper.
- Then, dump the shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes in the center of the table.
- Serve with warm, melted butter, my Seriously Good Cocktail Sauce, lemon wedges and lots and lots of napkins or a few rolls of paper towels.
- This makes enough for about 8 hungry people.
A large outdoor turkey deep fryer works for doing this! Just boil the water and beer in it and add the rest. Keeps any mess outside! Love that!
Calories: 1787kcal | Carbohydrates: 114g | Protein: 59g | Fat: 126g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 28g | Monounsaturated Fat: 59g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 366mg | Sodium: 3437mg | Potassium: 3084mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 4842IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 423mg | Iron: 9mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.