Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups finely diced onion
- 1 cups finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 24 hamburger buns
- In large pan, brown ground beef with onions, celery, and green pepper.
- Cook until beef is crumbly and no longer pink.
- Season mixture with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place ground beef mixture in a slow cooker.
- Add ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar and water.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- If mixture gets a bit dry, add a little water.
- Serve on buns.
- Makes about 2 dozen sandwiches.
You can also make this on the stovetop. After beef and veggies are cooked, add remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat for about 25 to 30 minutes.
Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1125mg | Potassium: 595mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 298IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 5mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.