Chicken Breasts with Apple Cream Sauce
- 2 cups Apple cider
- 3 tbsp Butter - divided
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded slightly
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 Apples - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Fresh chopped thyme or Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
- Heat cider in a saucepan and let simmer for about 10 minutes until it reduces down to about 1 cup.
- Dredge chicken breasts lightly in flour and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet and brown chicken breasts for 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add remaining butter to the same skillet and apples.
- Cook apples for 2 to 4 minutes until they just start to soften.
- Remove apples to a plate or bowl.
- Cover to keep them warm.
- Add chicken stock and reduced cider to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up brown bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Turn down heat a bit and whisk in mustard and heavy cream.
- Add chicken back to the pan to warm and cook through.
- Stir in thyme or parsley.
- Serve chicken with the cider cream sauce and warm apples over the top.
- Garnish with a little extra thyme or parsley.
- Great served with hot cooked rice.
Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 1507mg | Potassium: 1163mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 689IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.