Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet dry au jus mix
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- Mix ground beef, onion soup mix, breadcrumbs and milk until just combined.
- Shape into 6 to 8 oval patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly dredge beef patties in flour to coat, and quickly brown for a minute or two on each side in the oil in the skillet.
- You may need to do this in batches using a bit more oil.
- Place patties in the slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk together mushroom soup, au jus mix and beef stock.
- Pour over patties and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until meat is done.
- Great served with mashed potatoes or hot buttered rice or egg noodles.
You can also put patties in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour sauce over the top. Bake covered in a preheated 300 degree oven for 60 to 90 minutes or until beef is tender and cooked through.
Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 1054mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 57IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 5mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.