Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 packet (0.75 ounces) dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 cups water
- 5 pound beef chuck roast
- Crusty rolls
- Sliced pepperoncini peppers - optional
- Giardiniera - optional
- Dump the first 10 ingredients into a saucepan.
- Stir well and bring to a boil for a minute or two.
- Place roast in the slow cooker and pour spice mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until beef just falls apart.
- Remove bay leaf and shred meat in the drippings with forks.
- Serve on rolls with sliced pepperoncini peppers and giardiniera if you like.
- The extra sauce in the slow cooker is great for dipping!
Calories: 685kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 73g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 261mg | Sodium: 1105mg | Potassium: 1275mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 0.03g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 0.05mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 8mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.