Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) instant cheesecake pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping - thawed, divided
- 1 large (16 ounces) pound cake - cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups sliced fresh sliced strawberries - saving a few whole berries for garnish
- 2 to 3 tbsp sugar
- Sprig of fresh mint - optional
- Toss together sliced strawberries with a few tablespoons of sugar and let sit for at least a half hour.
- In a large bowl beat together milk and pudding mixes until they start to thicken.
- Fold in the lemon zest and half of the whipped topping.
- In a trifle bowl or pretty clear glass bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, a third of the strawberries, and a third of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers twice ending with the pudding mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Right before serving, spoon a “cloud” of the remaining whipped topping on top.
- Decorate the top with a few fresh whole or sliced strawberries and a mint sprig, if you want.
You can also make mini individual desserts by layering the ingredients in clean canning jars, clear glasses, parfait dishes, martini or wine glasses.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 804mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 60g | Vitamin A: 293IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 209mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.