Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
For The Cake
- 1 package (15.25 ounce) lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box 3 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
For The Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or grease and lightly flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer and beat together the cake mix, eggs, oil, dry pudding mix, and soda (or water) for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- For the optional glaze. Place powdered sugar in a medium size bowl. First add just 2 tablespoons of the fresh lemon juice. Whisk together. Add a bit more lemon juice if needed to get the right consistency to drizzle over the top. You don't want it too thick or two thin. Top cooled caked with glaze, if desired. To pump up the lemon flavor in the glaze you can also add some fresh lemon zest to the powdered sugar before juicing the lemon.
- Don’t have a bundt pan? You can also use 2 – 8 inch loaf pans or 4 to 5 mini loaf pans or muffin tins to make lemon poppy seed bread or muffins.
- If you are not making the glaze, it looks pretty with a dusting of powdered sugar over the top.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
I could only find a Pillsbury 15.25 oz Lemon Cake Mix. Is there a brand that has 18.25 oz?
Hi Kathy. It appears cake box mixes have shrunk. LOL! No worries! 15 ounce cake mixes work just fine! Enjoy! -Amy
I’ve made this cake so many times. people request for me to make this cake. Its so easy and good.
Thanks for sharing, Denise! Glad you love it! My family does too! -Amy
HI Jackie. I use a mixer. Mix it smooth like a cake mix. Thanks!
Do you m8x this with a whisk or electric mixer?
I loved the banana strawberry pudding it was the bomb will be making that one for Easter