Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
- 1 pan (9 x 13 inches) Your favorite box family size boxed brownie mix - prepared according to directions and cooled
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces) Instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups Cold milk
- 1 container (12 ounces) Frozen whipped topping - thawed
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 Chocolate bar
- Mint sprig - optional
- Cut brownies into bite size squares.
- In a large bowl, beat the milk and pudding mixes together until pudding starts to thicken.
- Fold about 3/4 of the whipped topping into the pudding mixture using a spatula.
- In a saucepan, heat all but a handful of berries, sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Stir for a few minutes on low until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and Let cool.
- Layer half of the brownies into the bottom of a trifle dish or clear glass bowl.
- Spoon half of the raspberry sauce on top of brownies.
- Next, spoon half of the pudding mixture on top.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Also, cover and refrigerate remaining whipped topping and reserved raspberries.
- Right before serving, spoon a “cloud” of the reserved whipped topping on top.
- Use a microplane or a vegetable peeler to make chocolate shavings with the chocolate bar to decorate the top.
- Sprinkle a few raspberries and garnish with fresh mint.
You can also make these in mini trifle dishes so that everybody gets their own dessert. So cute!
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 353mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 214IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.