Super Easy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 onion (large or two small yellow or white) - sliced
- 4 pound boneless pork butt, shoulder or pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons rib rub seasoning
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce, divided
- 12 ounce ginger ale
- 14 buns or 24 to 30 slider buns
- Place half of the onions into the crock pot.
- Trim some of the fat from roast . Season roast well rib rub.
- Place the roast on top onions.
- Pour ginger ale over the top. Then add remaining sliced onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until it falls apart.
- Remove any fat and discard. Remove and reserve all cooking liquid. I put it through a strainer and just reserve the clear drippings. With two forks, shred the pork.
- Add the desired amount of BBQ sauce and some of the reserved juices. Mix well.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high.
- Add more cooking liquid and or some water if needed and mixture gets dry.
- Serve pulled pork on buns with extra BBQ sauce on side.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.