Slow Cooker Banana Oatmeal
- 2 medium ripe bananas - sliced
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract (coconut gives it a great tropical flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional garnishes: additional sliced bananas, chopped toasted macadamia nuts or walnuts, toasted coconut, additional brown sugar, milk
- Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
- Add all ingredients except optional toppings to the slow cooker.
- Stir, cover, and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours.
- If too thick add a bit more milk or water and stir well.
- Spoon warm oatmeal into bowls.
- Add optional toppings, if desired.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator. To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in a microwave-proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup milk or water. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot. The recipe can be doubled in the 6-quart or larger slow cooker. This is great to cook overnight while you’re sleeping. Just turn your slow cooker on before bed and wake up to breakfast all done! Not to mention, the house will smell amazing!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.