Overnight Blueberry French Toast Bake
- 1 lb loaf sliced brioche bread or French bread cut in small cubes - divided
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen; if frozen don’t thaw)
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter - melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Cut the bread into small cubes.
- Put half the bread in the pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the blueberries.
- Then top with remaining bread and blueberries.
- Crack eggs into large bowl. Use a whisk to beat the eggs.
- Add the milk, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the bread and blueberries.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Press down with your hands a bit to make sure bread soaks up the egg mixture.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and return the pan to the oven and bake 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Once baked, drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with extra maple or blueberry syrup.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.