Southwest Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans - rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh cooked corn off the cob or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers - seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado - optional
- In a large bowl whisk together first 8 ingredients.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except avocado.
- Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If using avocado, dice and add right before serving.
- Great on its own or served with tortilla chips.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 718mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 903IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.