Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
These Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches are a crowd-pleaser. After slow cooking in the crockpot for hours, the steak is juicy, tender and savory!
- 2 1/2 pounds flank, ribeye, sirloin or NY strip steak
- 2 green peppers - sliced
- 2 large yellow onions - sliced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
- 8 sub rolls
- 10 slices provolone cheese or melted Cheez Whiz
- Use a slow cooker liner or spray your crockpot with a non-stick cooking spray
- Cut meat into very thin strips. If using flank steak cut on an angle against the grain.
- Place meat strips in slow cooker.
- Add garlic salt, pepper and dressing mix. Mix to coat steak. Add beef stock. Mix in onions and peppers now or you can also add them the last hour or 2 cooking if you prefer.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Spoon meat mixture onto buns, top with sliced cheese or warm Cheez Whiz.
- You can also put the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake an additional few minutes to melt the sliced cheese and toast the sandwich. Delicious with served with sliced sautéed mushrooms on top too!
- It’s easier to cut the steak into thin strips if you put it in the freezer for about an hour.
- Instead of provolone you can use any type of sliced cheese. In Philadelphia they traditionally serve it with Cheez Whiz on top.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1302mg | Potassium: 834mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 218mg | Iron: 5mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.