Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
These Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches are a crowd-pleaser. After slow cooking in the crockpot for hours, the steak is juicy, tender and savory!
- 2 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 2 green peppers - sliced
- 2 onions - sliced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
- 8 sub rolls
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Use a slow cooker liner or spray your crockpot with a non-stick cooking spray
- Cut meat again the grain on an angle into very thin strips
- Place meat strips in slow cooker
- Add green pepper, onion, stock, garlic salt, pepper and dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Spoon meat mixture onto toasted buns, top with cheese.
- You can also put the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake an additional few minutes to melt the cheese and toast the sandwich. Delicious with served with sliced sautéed mushrooms on top too!
- Sometimes I’ll add the onions and peppers the last hour or so of cooking instead of at the beginning. That way they don’t cook down as much.
- If you wanted more of a cheese sauce, you can melt some cheez whiz or Velveeta – that’s how they serve them in Philly.
- I like to use toasted sub rolls or even a baguette for these sandwiches.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1302mg | Potassium: 834mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 218mg | Iron: 5mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.