Pear and Walnut Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil - optional, you can just use extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 5 to 8 ounces spring mix lettuce
- 1/4 cup red onion - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or bleu cheese
- 2 sliced pears
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Shake the first 3 ingredients together with a little salt and pepper in a jar with a lid.
- Toss some of the dressing with the lettuce.
- Top with onions, pears, nuts, and cheese.
- Extra dressing keeps in the fridge for about a week.
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g | Monounsaturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 289IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.