Terrific Turkey Tetrazzini
- 1 box (16 ounces) spaghetti - cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper - optional
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms - optional
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 tbsp butter - divided
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or sherry
- 3 to 4 cups shredded or diced turkey (or chicken)
- 3/4 cup seasoned Panko Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook celery, onion and green pepper butter for about 3 minutes.
- Add one more tablespoon butter and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for a few few minutes until the veggies start to get soft.
- Season veggies with garlic salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl whisk together milk, soup, sour cream, and wine.
- Add cooked pasta, turkey or chicken and vegetables.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Spoon into a 9 x 13 inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Mix the butter and breadcrumbs together.
- Next, sprinkle buttery breadcrumb mixture on top of casserole.
- Then, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake loosely covered with foil in a preheated 350 F oven for 25 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1037mg | Potassium: 643mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 776IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.