Lemon Artichoke Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves pounded slightly thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 tbsp butter - divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine - or more stock
- 1 can (15 ounces) artichoke hearts quartered - drained
- 2 tbsp capers
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley - chopped
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, garlic salt and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken breast halves in the flour mixture.
- In large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of butter and the olive oil.
- Sauté chicken over medium heat, turning once, until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm on a plate covered with foil.
- Add chicken stock and wine to pan, stirring to scrape bits off the bottom.
- Bring mixture to a boil and simmer for a few minutes until it reduces a bit.
- Stir in lemon juice, artichoke hearts and capers.
- Cook for a minute.
- Turn off heat and whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon cold butter and chopped parsley.
- Pour hot sauce and artichoke over chicken breasts.
Great with buttered pasta! We love it with angel hair or fettuccini.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 1690mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 272IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.