Super Quick Corn Chowder
- 6 slices bacon - cut in small pieces
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 to 4 cups fresh corn of the cob or frozen corn
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of celery soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups frozen southern style cubed hash brown potatoes - slightly thawed
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 few tablespoons fresh chives or scallions - optional
- Cook bacon in a large soup pan skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon and use paper towels to soak up grease.
- Drain all but 2 to 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Add onion to bacon drippings and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add red pepper and cook another minute or two.
- Add flour and cook a minute or two stirring often.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, whisking often until it starts to thicken a bit.
- Stir in cream of celery soup, potatoes and corn and simmer for another couple minutes, stirring often.
- Add heavy cream and bacon and heat to warm.
- Season with a little salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with chopped chives or scallions on top if you like.
Calories: 839kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 330mg | Potassium: 1059mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2310IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.