Layered Taco Salad
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Few dashes hot sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 to 2 heads of iceberg lettuce - cores removed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney or black beans - drained and rinsed
- 3 scallions - chopped
- 2 to 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 medium tomato - chopped
- 1 can (2.5 ounces) sliced black olives
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brown the beef in a skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and some water according to package instructions. Let cool.
- In a large clear glass bowl or clear 9″ x 13″ glass pan, start layering.
- First cut lettuce into big chunks and put into bow or pan.
- Next spread cooled tao meat, then beans and corn over the lettuce.
- Carefully spread the sour cream mixture on top like you would frost a cake.
- Sprinkle cheese, tomatoes, olives and scallions on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips and salsa.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 1263mg | Potassium: 504mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1306IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 314mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.