My Absolute Favorite Brunch Bake
- 10 ounces garlic croutons (two 5 ounce bags)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese - divided
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/4 cups milk - divided
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bag (32 ounces) country style shredded frozen hash browns - slightly thawed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place croutons in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over croutons.
- Next, spoon the cooked and crumbled sausage over the cheese.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, dry mustard and 2 1/4 cups milk.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take casserole out of the fridge.
- In a bowl whisk together the can of mushroom soup and 1 cup of milk.
- Uncover the casserole and spoon the soup mixture over the top.
- Next, top casserole with slightly thawed hash browns.
- Top with remaining 3 cups cheese and then sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake covered with foil for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
To change it up and add even more flavor use a sage flavor breakfast sausage. You can also use bulk Italian sausage You can also swap the cheese and use what you like. With Italian sausage, shredded mozzarella, fontina and Parmesan are really good. For a little heat, use pepper jack cheese, or use a combination of different cheeses. It’s all delicious.
Calories: 655kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 232mg | Sodium: 1063mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 967IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 572mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.