Crab and Red Pepper Quiche
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust - partially baked
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flaked real or chopped imitation crab meat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet heat butter. Cook red pepper and onions over medium heat a few minutes or until just tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper together.
- Stir in the crab, red pepper and onion mixture, and cheese. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If the top starts to get too brown loosely cover with foil.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.