Chicken Fajita Packets
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into 1/2″ strips
- 1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper - sliced into thin strips
- 1 small onion - thinly sliced
- 8 to 12 fajita or taco size flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- In a medium bowl or in a ziploc bag, mix chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic, olive oil and juice.
- Add chicken, peppers and onions, stir to coat.
- Cover bowl or seal bag, refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Spray 4 large sheets of heavy duty foil with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade.
- Place some chicken and vegetables on center of each sheet.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges. Place packets on grill over medium heat.
- Cook chicken and vegetables 12 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- You can also bake foil packets on a sheet pan in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Open foil carefully to allow hot steam to escape.
- Serve chicken and vegetables on warm tortillas topped with lettuce, sour cream, cheese and salsa.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.