- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- A few dashes Worcestershire sauce - divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces) french onion soup
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients and a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce.
- Shape into 4 oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties for a few minutes.
- Remove patties to a plate. Add butter to the same skillet and cook mushrooms in butter for a few minutes.
- Add flour to the mushrooms and cook for a minute or so, stirring often.
- Add soup, water, and a few more dashes of Worcestershire sauce into skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Add patties back to the skillet. Turn down heat to a low simmer.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until patties are cooked through and sauce thickens a bit.
- Serve gravy over patties.
- Great with mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 937mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.