Green Chile Pork Roast
- 4 to 5 pound Boneless pork butt roast
- 1 tbsp Garlic salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) Diced green chilies
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- Trim the fat from the pork and season it with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Brown roast on all sides. Transfer the pork into the slow cooker.
- Pour green chilies and chicken stock over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Shred pork with 2 forks in the slow cooker.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges to squeeze over the pork before eating.
- Pork is great with hot buttered rice or in warm flour or corn tortillas with your favorite taco fixings.
Got leftovers? Use this leftover pork to make my Mexican Pork Stew.
Calories: 689kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 1424mg | Potassium: 707mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.