Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Red Pepper, Spinach and Cheese
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) beef tenderloin - center cut
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach - thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers - drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Butterfly the beef tenderloin by cutting the beef lengthwise down the center about two-thirds of the way through the beef.
- Open the beef tenderloin.
- Use a meat mallet to pound the meat to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Season the flattened beef with salt and pepper.
- Place the red peppers on top of the beef leaving a 1-inch border.
- Place the spinach and then cheese on top of the red peppers.
- Roll the beef up tightly, jelly-roll fashion.
- Use butcher string to secure the beef roll.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Drizzle roast with olive oil and season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until desired doneness. 135 degrees for medium rare.
- Remove the stuffed beef tenderloin from the pan and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 1430mg | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 0.5g | Vitamin A: 8847IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 219mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.