Sausage & Cheese Chowder
- 1 pound smoked sausage - cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 cups frozen O’Brien or Southern style cubed hash brown potatoes - slightly thawed
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) French style green beans - drained
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces) cream of celery soup
- Dash hot sauce
- 1 box (16 ounces) processed cheese - cut into cubes
- 3 to 4 cups milk
- Splash of beer (We like beer in just about everything in Wisconsin!)
- Shredded Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped scallions
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Next add 3 cups of milk and the processed cheese cubes.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, stirring often.
- Add a splash (or more) of beer and more milk if needed.Stir well.
- Keep on warm setting until ready.
- Serve hot with shredded cheddar cheese and scallions on top.
- You can also make this on the stove if you don’t have a slow cooker.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 1202mg | Potassium: 737mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 590IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.