Ham and Cheese Sandwich Brunch Bake
- 16 slices English muffin bread or firmer white bread - crusts removed
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound Thinly sliced ham
- 8 Eggs
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Crushed cornflakes
- 1 stick Butter - melted
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cover bottom of the pan with a layer of bread.
- Top each piece of bread with a piece of cheddar cheese, some sliced ham and then Swiss cheese on top.
- Top each sandwich with another layer of bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and dry mustard.
- Pour egg mixture over the sandwiches.
- Cover and refrigerate at least a few hours or overnight.
- Mix together melted butter and cornflakes.
- Before baking sprinkle crushed cornflake mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake loosely covered in foil in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until it’s golden on top.
- Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into squares.
Calories: 611kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 216mg | Sodium: 1210mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2282IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 416mg | Iron: 27mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.