Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chicken
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup mild green salsa
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix together all the spices and dump over the chicken.
- Toss chicken to coat well.
- Dump the salsa, honey and lime juice on top.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, and let cool for a few minutes before shredding.
- Return shredded chicken and let cook on low for an additional 15 to 20 minutes to absorb some of the juices.
- Serve in tortillas or taco shells, or over hot cooked rice with your favorite taco fixin’s.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.