Smoked Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets
Make It Fun and Easy with Smoked Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets!
For the last several weeks we’ve been cooking and eating at home more than EVER. It’s not easy! I’ve got a secret to making meals and the clean up after dinner a whole lot easier. Foil packet meals! You can grill them or bake them. Either way they are delicious! Easy breezy too and no major dishes to wash. You can even eat them campfire style right out of the foil. LOVE THAT! My Smoked Sausage and Veggie Packets are WINNERS for dinner. They have it all. They are festive and fun! Make them bright and colorful with your favorite veggies. They’re stress free cooking because the smoked sausage is already pre-cooked so that means no worries about whether your meat is cooked to the proper temperature. What I love is the surprise inside when you open up that shiny package. Dinner is done! It’s all in there. Nice ’n light too!
My secret ingredient is Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. It’s full of flavor, but don’t worry because it’s not spicy hot! I’m teaming up with Tony Chachere’s to help get the word out about how this Creole seasoning needs to be a pantry staple in your kitchen. It’s my go-to when I need to kick up the flavor in a lot of my recipes. It’s great on just about everything. I love it on burgers, chicken, shrimp and seafood! It’s delicious on veggies too! It’s the magic that makes sausage and veggie packets extra special.
Throw on your apron and let’s get cookin’! By the way, you can click Smoked Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets for my complete and printable recipe.
First, you want to wash and dry all the veggies. Because the potatoes take a bit longer to cook I cut these into very small cubes. No need to peel them. I like to use lots of bright colored bell peppers, orange, yellow, and green. You can cut these into about one inch pieces. Same goes for the onion. Any onion you have will do. I cut fresh corn on the cob into thirds. Frozen corn on the cob works too but you know the drill. Fresh is always best. Zucchini, fresh green beans, and mushrooms are also delicious in these packets. You can even customize them. Got picky eaters? I get it. Me too! Just put what they like their packet. That means more variety of veggies for me! LOL!
Now, time for the sausage. Use a one pound ring of your favorite Kielbasa or smoked sausage. Want to lighten it up? You can use a turkey or chicken sausage ring. Really want to turn up the heat? Use pre-cooked andouille sausage. Cut the sausage into one inch slices.
Now it’s time to wrap up the packets. Tear off 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil. They should be about 12 x 18 inches each. Evenly distribute corn, potatoes, peppers, onions and sausage between 4 heavy-duty foil sheets. Next, drizzle olive oil or if you’d prefer melted butter over each foil packet.
Sprinkle about a teaspoon or a bit more of Tony’s Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning on top. Use a spoon to toss to coat veggies and sausage with the oil and seasoning.
Seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and folding up the ends over the seam. Grill over medium heat or bake packets on a baking sheet in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 12 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Be careful opening the packets because the steam inside is VERY hot! Enjoy dinner and the fact that there is ZERO cleanup! Perfect for camping and backyard summer BBQ’s!
So get out of that recipe rut and try something new!
I think you’ll agree these are seriously good. Super easy too! Remember that Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning is a quick way to add that special snap to lots of recipes. Click Smoked Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets for my complete and printable recipe.
Smoked Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets
- 4 pieces Fresh corn on the cob cut in half or in thirds
- 6 to 8 Red potatoes washed and cut into small pieces (potatoes take longer to cook so make sure they are smaller cubes to shorten cook time)
- 1 pound Smoked sausage - cut 1 inch chunks
- 1 Onion - cut in medium size pieces
- 3 cups Red, green, yellow peppers, diced into medium size pieces
- 4 to 6 tbsp Olive oil or melted butter
- 4 to 6 tbsp Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 4 sheets Heavy duty foil
- Pre-heat grill to 400-degrees. You could also bake these in your pre-heated 400 degree oven.
- Evenly distribute corn on the cob, potatoes, peppers, onions and sausage between 4 heavy-duty foil sheets (approximately 12×18 inches each).
- Drizzle olive oil or melted butter over each foil packet. Sprinkle with Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. Toss to coat sausage and veggies with the oil and seasoning.
- Seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam.
- Grill over medium heat or bake packets on a baking sheet for 12 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Be careful opening the packets. The steam inside is VERY hot!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.