Smoked Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets
4 pieces fresh corn on the cob cut in half or in thirds
6 to 8 red potatoes washed and cut into small pieces (potatoes take longer to cook so make sure they are smaller cubes to shorten cook time)
1 pound smoked sausage cut 1 inch chunks
1 onion, cut in medium size pieces
3 cups red, green, yellow peppers, diced into medium size pieces
4 to 6 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
4 to 6 teaspoons Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
4 sheets heavy duty foil
- Pre-heat grill to 400-degrees. You could also bake these in your pre-heated 400 degree oven.
- Evenly distribute corn on the cob, potatoes, peppers, onions and sausage between 4 heavy-duty foil sheets (approximately 12×18 inches each).
- Drizzle olive oil or melted butter over each foil packet. Sprinkle with Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. Toss to coat sausage and veggies with the oil and seasoning.
- Seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam.
- Grill over medium heat or bake packets on a baking sheet for 12 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Be careful opening the packets. The steam inside is VERY hot!
You can also add additional veggies like fresh green beans, mushrooms and zucchini. You can add medium sized uncooked shrimp too!
Makes 4 foil pouches and serves 4.
Prep time 15 minutes.
Cook time 15 minutes.