Turkey Appetizer Platter
- 1 Cheddar, Bacon, and Beer Cheese Ball
- Curly green leaf lettuce
- 1 pound Thinly sliced mushrooms
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Assorted green, yellow red, and orange peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bunches Scallions
- 1 Zucchini - sliced lengthwise
- 1 Summer squash - sliced lengthwise
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- 1 Red onion - sliced thin
- Assorted sliced cheese
- Slices summer sausage (optional)
- 3 whole Sun dried tomatoes or pecan halves
- 2 whole Black peppercorns
- Make my recipe for a Cheddar, Bacon, and Beer Cheese Ball. Wrap up and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- Save 2 tablespoons of the cheese ball to use as “glue” to make the turkey.
- Use plastic wrap to help form the rest of it into a large ball.
- Cover the cheese ball with thinly sliced fresh mushrooms.
- Place cheese ball on a large tray or platter lined with green leaf lettuce.
- Use layers of fresh veggies like sliced radishes, scallions, sliced peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, zucchini and summer squash to create the look of feathers.
- Place pieces of sliced cheese and summer sausage up at base of the front of the cheese ball.
- Use a little of the reserved cheese ball mixture to “glue” a radish on the mushrooms for the turkey’s head.
- “Glue” with more of the mixture to attach whole black peppercorns for the eyes, and a thinly sliced carrot for the nose.
- Sun dried tomatoes or pecans halves make this guy gobble, gobble!
- Get out your camera and take a picture quick because in no time this will be gobbled right up!
- Have fun! You can do it! You’ll look like a serious “rock star”! Yum! If you have any good holiday recipes or game day ideas please share.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.