Irish Beef Stew
- 2 to 3 pounds Beef stew meat
- 1 envelope Dry beef onion soup mix
- 1/2 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Beer or 1 1/2 cups water
- A few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Chopped green onions - cut into chunks
- 2 cups Peeled baby carrots
- 4 Stalks celery - cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 can (28 ounces) Diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 to 6 Medium sized potatoes - cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup Quick cooking tapioca
- Place the beef in the slow cooker.
- Add beefy onion soup mix and pepper and toss with the beef.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- If stew gets too thick you can add some beef stock or water.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 977mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4458IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.