Southwest Chicken Stew
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans (14 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 chopped scallions
- Hot cooked rice - optional
- Season chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper.
- Place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Dump the chicken stock, tomatoes, beans, corn, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and cayenne pepper over the chicken. Stir.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Before serving use a fork to shred chicken.
- Serve in bowls over hot cooked rice with scallions and cilantro on top.
- Also great served with my Crispy Baked Tortilla Chips on top.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.