- 1 aluminum foil baking pan
- 3 to 4 bottles (12 ounces) beer
- 1 stick butter
- 2 medium yellow onions - sliced
- 1 pound bag or jar sauerkraut - drained
- 12 to 16 brats
- 12 to 16 brat buns or hard rolls
- Ketchup and mustard
- Place the foil pan on the grill over indirect heat.
- Add beer, kraut, butter and onions.
- Cook until the onions start to get nice and soft.
- Grill the brats over low to medium direct heat and when they are done put them in the foil pan (Brat Tub) to keep warm.
- You can also place the foil pan in an oven heated to 250 degrees to keep brats warm or place brats and kraut mixture in a slow cooker on warm setting.
- Serve brats on buns with kraut, onions and ketchup and/or mustard on top.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 683mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.