Streusel Bundt Coffee Cake
Streusel Bundt Coffee Cake
- 1 box (15 ounces) Yellow cake mix
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) Vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans or walnuts - optional
- 1/4 cup Powdered sugar - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a mixer and beat together first 5 ingredients for a couple minutes until smooth.
- In another bowl use a pastry blender or fork to make streusel by mixing brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts if using.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of the streusel mixture in the bottom on the greased bundt pan.
- Then top with half of the cake batter.
- Next, sprinkle all but about 1/4 cup of the streusel on top of the batter.
- Use a knife to swirl the streusel mixture into the batter a bit.
- Spoon remaining cake mixture on top of sugar mixture and top with remaining 1/4 cup of streusel.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 35 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool a bit and then invert on to a plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar when cooled if you like.
Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 445mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 92IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Instead of 1 cup of oil can I use 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup butter??
Hi Liz. I’m sure that would work just fine! Let me know. Thanks! Enjoy! -Amy
My cake doesn’t look like the picture. Since the streusel was placed in the middle and then on the top, when you flip he cake onto a plate there is no streusel on the top of the cake. It just looks smooth like a plain cake. I know I can put powdered sugar on it but it still won’t look like your photo. Did I do something wrong?
No, you didn’t do anything wrong. You can put a put a layer of streusel down first in the pan if you want a streusel top though. Hope you love this cake as much as i do! Thanks! -Amy
Can you tell me how many calories are in a serving, and other nutrition facts?
Here’s calculator that might help determining calorie and nutrition information: https://www.verywellfit.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4157076
Been making one like this for years, just following yellow cake mix, but adding streusel like above. Drizzling it with confectioner sugar and milk/water mix. Husband loves it. Will have to try this recipe with pudding mix.
This looks amazing. Quick question, though. Since it’s a Bundt cake and inverted, will the 2nd layer of streudel end up being on the bottom when serving?
Hi Tracy, There is streusel on bottom and in middle. Just make this! It’s AMAZING! -Amy
Love love love this Bundt cake recipe! Can this be prepared ahead and frozen for a few days?
We love it too! I’m making it for our Christmas brunch. Yes, you could make it a few days ahead and freeze it. You can also bake it two days ahead and just wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. It will stay very moist! -Amy
Probably a dumb question – but there are few different sizes of bundt pans out there – maybe you can tell us the correct size pan to use? maybe by cup capacity?
Hi Kim. It’s not a dumb question at all. A 10 or 12 cup bundt pan is what I use. You need to make this! So good! Thanks! -Amy
I don’t have a bunt pan can it be done in a regular 8X8?
Yes! You can bake this is 2- 8 inch round pan and or 1 9 x 13. I think 2 8 X 8 inch square pans should work too but cake may be a bit thinner. It won’t be a quite as pretty but it will still taste great. Bake time will be much shorter so check cakes at 30 minutes with toothpick test. Thanks! -Amy
This cake smells amazing! I used the heritage bundt cake pan for the first time and it came out of the pan w/o a problem. The only change I did was to drizzle a vanilla glaze on top. I have not even tried it yet! The cake has a nice high rise and looks beautiful. Thanks for including the size of the cake mix!
Was looking for a recipe quick and easy. This was perfect! The instant pudding made it super moist. I give it an A+. My favorite coffee cake.
Thanks for sharing! I’m so glad you loved it! It’s my FAVE! -Amy
Hi Amy, I made this recipe for work and everyone loved it. It all went! Thanks again for the great recipe. I hope you are doing another cookbook soon.
Thanks Denise! I agree! This is my favorite coffee cake too! -Amy
Should I add the ingredients listed on the back of the cake mix box as well or no?
Alexa – I would think to only add the recipe ingredients as stated. Haven’t tried this yet but am going to soon. Looks delish!
very good ,all my family love it ,
Made this for Easter brunch, was a huge hit! Nice&easy & so very moist, will definitely make it again!