- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 7 cups old fashioned oats
- Place the oats in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the brown sugar, oil, and honey in a heat-proof measuring cup or bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- You can also heat the mixture in a saucepan.
- Stir well.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour over the oats and stir well.
- Spread the oats out evenly on 1 to 2 large parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn oven off.
- In the morning, remove pan from oven and break up granola.
- Store in airtight container or large re-sealable bag.
You can also bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until just golden. Stir every 15 minutes or so. Let cool and then break to crumble. You can also add dried fruits and nuts after it cools. This is great as a cereal with milk, or make it into a trail mix by adding dried fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, and M & M’s. It’s delicious in my Breakfast Sundaes, Breakfast Parfaits in a Jar, Apple Wiches and Peanut Butter Sandwich Kabobs.
Calories: 684kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Can I use coconut oil?
Hi Ann, Sure I see no problem with that at all! Let me know how it turns out! Thanks! -Amy
I love this recipe, it’s so easy and it tastes great, so far I have shared it with my sisters and my neighbor. Thank you so much.
Amy, this granola recipe is so much better than store bought. We love to put yogurt with it. It’s great as a snack by itself. Thanks .
I’ve made this several times. It is a no nonsense granola recipe. I love the overnight baking. It turns out perfect every time!
Thanks Amy. Glad you love it! We do too! -Amy
I haven’t tried this yet. Planning on it but my question is where do all the other ingredients come in ? Such as nuts crasins and it looks like coconut too. Also yor recipes look so good . Is there a recipe box on your site?
My daughters and I love this stuff! 🙂 The house also smells so good! Love it!