- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 7 cups old fashioned oats
- Place the oats in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the brown sugar, oil, and honey in a heat-proof measuring cup or bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- You can also heat the mixture in a saucepan.
- Stir well.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour over the oats and stir well.
- Spread the oats out evenly on 1 to 2 large parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn oven off.
- In the morning, remove pan from oven and break up granola.
- Store in airtight container or large re-sealable bag.
You can also bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until just golden. Stir every 15 minutes or so. Let cool and then break to crumble. You can also add dried fruits and nuts after it cools. This is great as a cereal with milk, or make it into a trail mix by adding dried fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, and M & M’s. It’s delicious in my Breakfast Sundaes, Breakfast Parfaits in a Jar, Apple Wiches and Peanut Butter Sandwich Kabobs.
Calories: 684kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.