Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 green peppers - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp beef soup base
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a big soup pan, brown beef and onion over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add peppers and cook until beef is crumbly and no longer pink.
- Drain any grease.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Stir in 2 cups of water, sugar, beef base, tomato sauce and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice. If soup gets too thick add a little more water.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 648mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.