Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- 1 bag 32 ounces southern style cubed hash brown potatoes - thawed slightly
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) cream of celery soup
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese - cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - divided
- 1/2 pound cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Combine potatoes, stock, milk. canned soups, butter, onion, garlic salt and pepper in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally until cooked and heated through.
- Add cubes of cream cheese, heavy cream and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until cheeses are melted. Is soup is a bit too thick, add a bit more heavy cream or milk. Heat until warm.
- Serve in bowls with extra the shredded cheese, sour cream, crumbled bacon and green onions on top.
Use a slow cooker liner or spray your slow cooker with cooking spray for easy cleanup.
Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 667mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 744IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 0.4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.