- 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 green pepper - finely diced (optional)
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (15 ounces) ranch style beans
- 2 cups frozen or 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn - drained
- In a large soup pan brown the beef (or turkey) with the onion and pepper until beef is crumbly and no longer pink.
- Drain any grease.
- Add next 7 ingredients.
- Simmer for 15-25 minutes.
- If soup needs more broth add a little water or chicken stock.
- Serve with your favorite taco fixings and tortilla chips for dunking.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 957mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 596IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
What is the recipe for your hot ham Swiss cheese and some kind of spread? I watched a video of you making it but can’t find the revioe
I think this might be the recipe you’re looking for, Cindy: https://www.thecookingmom.com/recipe-index/appetizers/hot-swiss-almond-dip/ It’s delicious!
Can you use Ro-Tel tomatoes/chilies instead?
Yes you can but I love the Red Gold tomatoes brand! -Amy
My husband loved this soup. Rather than dipping tortilla chips, I cut up a corn tortilla and put in the bottom of the bowl and poured the soup on top. Then I added shredded cheese on the top. Yum! I also used black beans.
I don’t add any meat and put refried beans in it to be healthier.
The best Taco Soup I’ve ever made and/or eaten. I didn’t add the whole corn however and my family loved it !!!! Thank you Amy.
My family loved this soup, the recipe is now in my “favorite cookbook” for future use. I left the corn out however and simmered it for hours, what a great winter comfort food.
We made this Friday and my whole family went nuts over it! We are having it again this Friday! My mom can’t stop talking about it. She had it for breakfast the next morning! So Yummy! Thank you! 🙂
So glad you all liked it! Thanks for sharing Stephanie! -Amy
This soup is really good. Do you have the nutrition facts for this recipe?
Hi Angela. Sorry don’t have a nutritionist on staff at this point. Just a working mom who loves to cook and share recipes. Maybe one day. To lower the fat and calories even more ground turkey can be used instead of ground beef. Thanks!