The Ultimate Nachos
- 2 pounds Ground chuck
- 1 packet Taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 box (32 ounces) Velveeta - cut into small cubes
- 1 can (10 ounces) Diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 cup Milk or heavy cream
- Lots of tortilla chips
- Shredded lettuce
- Seeded and diced tomatoes
- Sliced black olives
- Pickled jalapenos
- Sour cream
- Brown beef.
- Add water and taco seasoning and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until liquid reduces.
- Using a microwave or stove, carefully melt cheese together with tomatoes, milk or cream stirring often so that cheese sauce doesn’t burn.
- If mixture gets too thick, add a little more milk or cream.
- Arrange chips on platter.
- Spoon warm cheese sauce on top.
- Next spoon taco meat on top and then pile on the rest of your favorite nacho toppings.
- Serve right away.
- Any extra cheese sauce keeps in the fridge for up to a week, just reheat in microwave and serve as a dip with tortilla chips.
Sometimes I double the recipe and set up a nacho bar for game day. Keep beef mixture and cheese sauce warm in separate slow cookers. Game on!
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 439mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.