Banana Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter - softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 to 5 very ripe bananas - mashed
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. package cream cheese - softened
- 1 stick butter - softened
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
For The Cake Mix:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray a 13 x 18 in jelly roll pan with baking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, use a mixer to beat the butter and sugar.
- Beat a few minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together sour cream and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture alternately with sour cream and milk.
- Add mashed banana, mixing until just blended.
- Spoon batter into jelly roll pan.
- Use a spatula to spread batter out.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For The Icing
- While the cake is baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Gradually add 3 cups powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined.
- Add more powdered sugar as needed.
- Beat on high until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Cut into bars.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 1100kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 70g | Saturated Fat: 41g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 973mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 75g | Vitamin A: 2638IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.