Cheddar, Bacon and Beer Cheese Ball
- 3 blocks (8 ounces) Cream cheese - softened
- 2 tbsp Beer
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 3 tbsp Minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped scallions
- 6 slices Bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp Pimiento - minced
- 2 cups Chopped pecans
- Use a mixer to beat together cream cheese, beer, garlic, and parsley. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in shredded cheese, scallions, bacon and pimiento. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove cheese mixture from the fridge and place on a large platter.
- Shape the mixture into a ball.
- Cover with nuts.
- If you don’t like nuts you can use bacon bits instead.
For game day parties, I love to shape this into a football. Cover with the chopped nuts to get the brown color of the football. Cut roasted red pepper into thin strips and use to form laces of football on top. Serve surrounded by crackers. Makes a great centerpiece for your game day or Super Bowl party, but take a picture because it will disappear before you know it! GO TEAM! Or, for your holiday parties, if you want to look like a total “rock star” click on this link to learn how to make a gorgeous Turkey Appetizer Platter.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 577IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.